Tuesday, January 10, 2012

I passed it on.


It’s finally over! I passed it on; an act of kindness, that is: to myself


Over the past holidays, I unconsciously, deliberately, decidedly, and inadvertently attempted to spare myself the whole jump in the car to the Okeechobee station; run to the platform; change trains at Government Center; navigate to the Bayfront Park station; walk across the street and elevate myself 47 floors to my office; truly a mission.  I  get tired just describing it. 

Over time, I had diplomatically convinced myself that I preferred this routine to driving. I am clear that I really enjoy me-time in the car on the way to the day.  I am pleased as petrol that I gave myself this gift, if only for a short time. Yes, it's over. I am back on track riding the trains.  It was inevitable.  I am officially a modern day, train jumping hobo, pouch and all.  Yes, pouch and all.  In case you are not a user, the majority of commuters sport at minimum two carry on bags and a pair of sneakers which are conveniently switched out once a destination is reached.  Let us not forget the auxiliary rain gear and lunch box.

The sweet mornings of sliding into first gear and riding into the city to the tunes of “a red solo cup, ”Deep blue need you eyes,’ and “You'll be my sunny day; I'll be your shady tree; You'll be my honey suckle; I'll be your honey bee” are pretty much over. 



Hello again cruel world.  Peace off! 

2 comments: