Thursday, January 5, 2012

Ana's place...

Like every new year as far as I can remember, I enthusiastically approach the vast possibilities of the near future by organizing my mental drawers, messy overcrowded closets and the storage in my "save it for the future" attic, which by the by, is covered with a mothball coat and a dusty collar.  I never make resolutions, but I make a few discerning commitments.

This year, I stand firm and have made a steadfast decision to become a blank canvas hankering for several sloppy coats of color with a double boost of the creativity quotient.  I will become the inventive Maverick I never was or simply do as I please.  I will invent a safe haven for myself called: Ana's place.

Epiphany's are amazing especially when they arrive in the middle of the night accompanied by hot flashes, un-nerving sweat riding a dream driven chariot.  Unequivocally and unfortunately, I have been stuck in a twisted time machine with no address or direction. Eternally stuck at 305.  I intend to make this right!

Picasso had a "Blue period" http://pablo-picasso.paintings.name/blue-period/ and he "Rose" above it http://pablo-picasso.paintings.name/rose-period/ and I have been indulging my "Incubation period"  or better said, a  temporary break from creative problem solving that can many times result in insight. I am now ready for my insightful "Rose Period", finally.

In Ana's place, I will begin by submitting that I am totally against coloring books! There! I have said it! I vehemently take issue with others defining my lines, colors and images.  I have arrived at my station in the Half Century Club d/b/a as A.A.R.P. and Ana's place will be just the haven to define and redefine the next half of what I have left on this planet; no lines, no nonsense.  

Friends are always welcome in Ana's place especially if they arrive with a red solo cup and a smile!  

The canvas is blank, but just wait...Its-A-Com-in-- just as sure as hurricane season!

0 comments:

Post a Comment