Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Expect the Best!


Starting Over: 

By the time you first realize that you need to start a weight loss program, you have no doubt, already waged war with  the 'mirror, mirror on the wall.' Instantly, you feel an immediate rush of boom-boom- pow! Not only do we become agitated, anxious and feel a burn that festers inside your newly discovered pot belly, but the experience takes on a life of its own; as urgent as an appendectomy.  All the time wasted packing on unnoticed pounds is forgotten and discarded somewhere in mental file drawer number 10 located near the unopened orange wrapper of Reeces Pieces and the chalk it up to food under the damn bucket. 

Unlike other times in my weight-less past, I am not the protagonist on this road to a leaner and keener way of life, I am simply the wingman. This one is for "my little".   The wingman according to our global Urban dictionary is described as follows :wingman: orig. e.g. US Air Force n. A pilot whose plane is positioned behind and outside the leader in a formation of flying aircraft.  In essence, I am the 'I have got your back guy!'

Getting Help: 

The Dream team is in place, research over and commitments finalized.  This next phase I happily navigate to the tunes of a litany of country music ballads that I have newly discovered.  

L.A.. Fitness  has provided, Daniel. Yes, our very own, "Daniel Boone" conqueror of all frontiers.  Win!!! 


Dr. Dolittle's place has gifted us with a modern day wellness coach named, "J.C." good karma and all. No, No, Great karma! Can't go wrong with J.C.  Win x 2!! 


I have spent the last week animated, optimisitc and engaged in putting all these fat free piggies in a row...on the road we go...


 In order to begin the good nutrition/ wellness coaching  end of our venture, it was necessary to shore up some Doctor details.  Naturally, wanting to quickly comply, coupled with all that good holistic energy com-busting spirit harnessed under our humble Hialeah roof, I took the day off from work to get it all done. 

1. Doctor: Check
2. Medical Clearance letter from Pediatrician: Check
3. Schedule Labs for Saturday: Check
4. Requirements: completed.  Approved.
...On a country pick up high, indeed!

Next phase: 

On your mark get set...stop?... Wait! Just Wait! No, Really? 

As in any best laid plans there are always a few hiccups; for me, it was more like indigestion.  Yesterday, was just that kind of day. We immediately delivered all of the task related results to Dr. Dolittles' place: Screeeech! Catapulting Halt! 
We hit the Dr. 'Do"little" wall.  


In spite of our best efforts to complete our part, we came face to face with an unbending resident of Mount Olympus; a no getting around myopic and cold as marble opposition.  Much like the country hit , namely, "You Were Only A Splinter As I Slid Down The Bannister Of Life." And, that is all I will say about that.  Program start date t.b.a.  Thanks. We got over it.

A New Beginning - in two weeks: 

The good news is that  we are on our way! Two weeks should pass soon enough! Well, for "my little" it will pass like a kidney stone, but in any event, we have J.C. to look forward to - "knee deep" in good advice and positive energy. Expect the Best!



I am actually a perfect size 10; I just keep it covered with fat so that it doesn't get scratched.  - Barbara Johnson (from Sheila Walsh's book - "I'm not a wonder woman but God made me wonderful')...
http://www.amazon.com/Im-Not-Wonder-Woman-Wonderful/dp/0785262938 ...this too shall pass...


2 comments: