Tuesday, February 7, 2012

No phones, no trains and no pain

One week later: surgery is over.  Well, not exactly.  Just my luck, there was an equipment malfunction.  Yes, an equipment malfunction! Shut up! Somewhere between breathe deeply and wake up, the endometrial frying machine gave out.  I am frankly feeling a little incomplete; something like taking the car to get washed..."Mrs. AJB., all is nice and clean, but the wax job will have to wait. Oh, and by the way, take cover because it has been reported there will be a cloud of locust flying over the city tonight. The infestation could mess up the job already done. You really need to get sealed soon. Really?

It has taken me three solid days to come to terms with the "product failure" aspect of the Mount Sinai  ride.  As there is always a bright side, I am embracing what I wasn't doing -



...and I am really happy about it.  A total and absolute disconnect; it was amazing.  I was under the influence of: calming over and under the counter pain killers, old movies, coffee, soup and my 1200 count Egyptian satin sheets.  By the by, the sheets are worth every penny.  Under my nightly silky tent of dreams, a lovely Nubian prince, named Shemar,  would softly fan my hot flashes away.  I said, dreams! 

How sweet it was. 

Back we go after one week of a technological divorce! I should be back on the word trail soon  with a full set of newly charged batteries and waiting for a new date with a cervical deep fryer.

0 comments:

Post a Comment