Monday, January 30, 2012

Checking out for a bit...

Epochal news! Olympia! I am taking a short break!

After several years of taking time off work for Doctor appointments - not mine and time out for "needed" errands, I am finally taking some time of my very own to go under the knife in a very ordinary non-bombastical procedure.  However ordinary, this medical event taking place tomorrow has afforded me a few solid days of a disconnect; no words nor texts.   I look forward to the fluid rhythms and the oozng vibrations of a veritable Juno of peace.  I will practice the sport of mouth breathing while lying on my back.

Out of these things and many more, I will practice the spectator sport of cinema verite;  some of my own video indulgences and some borrowed for just this occasion.  I have an ample supply of reading materials to toy with and will happily choke down some healing chicken soup et cafe au lait. 


If I become too disengaged, I  may even accept the challenge of uncovering the answer to one of the greatest questions of all time:  Why has Tarzan  captured several generations in print, cinema and remakes? Will keep you posted if I actually find an answer. 

Strictly speaking, tomorrow after its all over, I am staging an appointment with myself in one of many lounging devices in our home designed strictly for the purpose of vegetation. 

This is it.  I am checking out for a bit and will leave behind a whimsical icon I once used in the past at another occasion for disconnect.  The last time  I put out this shingle I was on an American safari to North Carolina in a race to secure a plane; a joint venture that traversed two continents! But, that is a story for another day. 


Laters!



0 comments:

Post a Comment