Wednesday, January 2, 2013

No resolutions...just dream catching...

Trio: Rose, Paula and the Royals

Thank you ladies and gentlemen, thank you very much indeed. It is a pleasure to pen a few words, at this, my favorite time of year. This time when magical dreams and schemes are created as we face the next 12 months with gladdened old hearts and open doors to 2013!
 
Allow me to offer some exposition to this first narrative of the year.  One colloquial day, while on the train northbound sitting with my travel buddy Jackie, we found ourselves visiting the topic  of living your best life through visuals, a topic of mutual interest. After our conversation, I decided to actively pursue my imagination and follow this colorful stroll as so did she.
We agreed that boxes were the visual tools of choice. 

Now, many of you will be wondering by what right I presume to present my visualization endeavor to all of you clearly more high and fine and talented in the world of living life.  I am an unlikely character to speak of this topic.  It seems slightly preposterous and silly even to me! I certainly can’t lay claim to any of the following banter as a  great achievement of my own - yet. I am a beginner and these vessels pictured above have been chosen precisely as a tool to set this year ablaze and to march on right-foot-forward. 
 
I will offer, I have taken great pains to affectionately personalize the trio pictured above.
Hence, please meet Rose, Paula and the Royals. These boxes are earmarked, by me, for my walk - a modified journey to visualizations;
 just another aspect of my alembicated pilgrimage. 
 
(Rose): the rose covered tin box was a gift I received from good friends in Portugal last summer.  Happily, this karmatic gift came with a key attached to a lucky owl key-ring. No doubt,this box will store well guarded thoughts/secrets and maybe some euros, if I am lucky.



(Paula): The shiny wooden box was a Christmas present from a long time friend and co-worker.  It is fire branded with Paula Deen's seal of approval at it's bottom. This box is a salt and pepper flapped container with a southern drawl.  She has been officially re-purposed for my cause- y'all. This unit will be the steamy dreaming big box. 



(The Royals): This august token tea tin with Prince William and Kate Middleton's  likeness is now empty and ready to serve 'barmy ole me' as a dream catcher. In addition, I will fill it up with personal successes, intellectual pursuits and doses of codswallup.




If I don't faff around, each container will be charged with a different set of stored visuals that will be a reminder of endless possibilities that will race past Homeland security and dock at my port one fine Florida day.

I remain optimistic. According to Shakti Gawain, Creative Visualization is the art of using mental imagery and affirmation to produce positive changes in your life. 

Other visualists, and there are many quarterbacks to this school of thought, such as Dr. Lee Pulos noted for, "conscious creating desired outcomes in your life," and Dr. Norman Peale author of 'The Power of Positive Thinking', to name just two, believe that while mental imaging terminology differs
the concept is the same.

Typically, visualists create power posters or scrapbooks to further sensitize their dreams.
I, however, although unconventional, have enlisted visual muscle by employing Rose, Paula and the Royals to this cause. 

Sounds fairly simple. Experts indicate that this process is three fold.

- Begin with a relaxed state of mind
- Focus on a specific image
- Repetition, repetition, repetition

I believe this exercise might be a fun way to jump start the baby new year.
On this day, January 2, 2013, my boxes and I concur with these free thinkers and behavioral psychologists:
Visualization is the complimentary skill to vision.

Together with Rose, Paula and the Royals, I will meander my way to the clarity needed to fulfill my dreams...

What is in your box?
Buen Camino!












*Heads up! The good news is anyone can incorporate this practice into daily living and it just doesn't take a lot of training.

0 comments:

Post a Comment