Thursday, January 19, 2012

I am taking them with me!


January 19 - It is quiet here - sitting in the waiting room at my Doctor's office and I have had sufficient wait time to nurse the terms of my departure from this earth hopefully at a later date. This is the kind of thing you think about two weeks before any surgery.  In brief, most of the planning is muddy at this point, but of this I am clear, there are two things that I am taking with me.  

Last Will and Testament

I, Ana Place Ordinary, now residing amongst the living, declare this instrument to be my Will, hereby revoking all prior wills and codicils.

Article I:  DEBTS AND ADMINISTRATION AND FUNERAL EXPENSES.  I direct my Personal Representative to pay all my unsecured enforceable debts, my funeral expenses, the expenses of my last illness, and the administration expenses of my estate.  Poor soul, not sure who will get this headache, but they must have earned it in life or not.

Article II:  RESIDENTIAL PROPERTY  I give all of my residential property to -  Drum-roll, please! This is tough! I am leaving this one wide open for the vast possibilities. Given the economy, I may be left holding a brown paper bag with an extra change of clothes. 

Article III:  TANGIBLE PERSONAL PROPERTY.  A.  INCORPORATION OF SEPARATE LIST.  I give specific items of my tangible personal property to the persons I have designated to receive them in any written statement signed by me either before or after the date of this Will - provided I have anything at the end of my days...open ended

B.  BALANCE OF TANGIBLE PERSONAL PROPERTY.  - N/A 

Accompanied by a price tag befitting to the name and brand are my Valentino's.  I may not arrive to the pearly gates with them on, but I assure you I will leave this planet  harnessed to them! These fine peeps were the signature purchase for my daughter's wedding and as of that day where I go they go!  

 Valentino Nappa Couture Bow Pump

Many years ago, my husband traveled back to his country on one of his many trips to his mecca.  The next day looking over some papers he left behind I found this note.  

 To date, where I go it goes.    


Valentino's: $XXX.XX. 
 Note: Priceless.









2 comments:

  1. Always profound, the words penetrate beyond the surface.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those shoes are amazing! The classic natural color and flirty bow make it feminine refinement at it's best. The note however is far more transcendant. A love affair with shoes, no matter how perfectly suited to one's feet, will never match up to the union of two souls created by God to foster each other's well-being, encourage personal growth, and enrich life with happiness.

    ReplyDelete