Friday, January 18, 2013

A day in the life. Coexist! ...?



'Woke up, fell out of bed
Dragged a comb across my head
Found my way downstairs and drank a cup
And looking up, I noticed I was late
Found my coat and grabbed my hat
Made twelfth Ave in seconds flat...'

And then I met COEXIST
on the road to Okeechobee
and wished I went into a dream...
A day in the life - Ana (lyrics)
 
I am clearly beating my own dead horse, but....allow me to introduce my encounter with COEXIST.

co·ex·ist (kg-zst)
intr.v. co·ex·ist·ed, co·ex·ist·ing, co·ex·ists
1. To exist together, at the same time, or in the same place.

2. To live in peace with another or others despite differences, especially as a matter of policy:
 
What a lovely concept; to be one with the universe and inhabitants. Ah.... but, this is my tale of woe about a fellow co-exister. 

You decide - illustrations et. al. of one  Hialeah morning on my way to the Metro rail station on Okeechobee Road,  Florida.
*Please refer to photograph. (feel free to click on image)

My goal: to drive south on 12th Avenue and reach Okeechobee Road, turn left and arrive at the Metro.

COEXIST'S goal: to drive south on 12th Avenue and reach Okeechobee Road and turn left by skipping ahead of all cars headed the same way feverishly and arrive at the front of the line like Conan the Barbarian.

Exhibit X:
Coexist decides to enter at X point facing oncoming traffic.

Realizing that there was a car directly facing him/her at that position, he/she skirted around the car facing him/her aggressively cutting ahead and pushing into the line of the south bounders. Note: the south bound cars were patiently lined up in the proper lanes headed to Okeechobee road. It was a bumper to bumper morning.


Exhibit Y:
Exhibit Y appeared to be a good idea to COEXIST because the median markings were off limits to lawabiding drivers and shielded COEXIST from the north bound cars. So let's drive through the striped yellow lines until we can make that Evil Keneival move.

Exhibit Z:
Not good enough.  He/she took a leap of faith just ahead of Exhibit Y and entered the south bound group by jumping ahead of 16 cars submissively waiting their turn as they headed towards the very same crossing.

I was the last guy he/she finally cut off, hence the lovely photo of the tag reading COEXIST and "My Child Did the Right Thing."





If you personally know COEXIST, be a friend and let he/she know the next guy might not be as nice as I am.  If you are braving the roads as I am, Beware of a Kamakazi Hollywood Chrysler Jeep  with a brag tag that reads COEXIST - tag T47 0AM!






 
Coexist says, "Do as I say, but not as I do"!


 




1 comments:

  1. Some of us at the Syndicate have a soft spot in our hearts for crazy Hialeah drivers. Those of us that do keep our hearts in a jar on the desk.

    ReplyDelete