Thursday, July 12, 2012

161 To Go, Please!


So this is my field, this is my glass on my windowsill that overlooks my field and this is me sitting behind it all ...three days ago... Although I am physically back in town, I am admittedly waiting for the rest of me to catch up!


I confess, this is a tough one,  I am ONLY inching my way back to reality starting today. The 'Great Disconnect" is not quite over.  I am not feeling any great urges to come back to what was prior to Portugal 2012. 


Disclaimer: I ask my friends to be patient with me... and you know who you are....thanks.

'True that' while overseas (from day one) I faced several impossible issues relating to my laptop, IPad and mountain wireless-ness, so I decided to let all systems go and just enjoy a world once forgotten by me.  Prehistorics like myself had no choice in the early sixties but to gather around a table to talk...no choice. Conversations, laughs over cafe, hugs when needed and facial expressions that could only be enjoyed face à face were the staples of the day.  Thanks to Portuguese mountains and fresh air, the great disconnect was a perfect venue to truly relax! Amazing! 

With all this said, I hope to make my return gracefully to Miami et.al. on one condition; 161 days to Portugal! Fingers crossed.


Buen camino - back to Miami! 


0 comments:

Post a Comment