Friday, November 2, 2012

A mess redefined.


This harangue of a mess simply started when I was unable to find one dull government assigned document one week ago. I shuffled through every drawer and personally manipulated every piece of paper that I owned. I flipped over and under boxes, crates, odd and even vessels of our lives in print, musty cabinets, piano benches and utility room containers; I realized that I needed to seriously organize this hot pile of history and archive our life's receipts; alpha to omega.
 
I found the document that I was hunting for and found myself buried by a mountain that could only be compared to a "Close encounter" of the photographic kind. 

Impossible! Fifty years of snap shots - Mom's and mine; some in mini albums, maxi albums, vinyl books, novelty books big: tall and small; a Titanic type shipping trunk full!

Problem: to fit the end product onto one wide -load, white and expansive bookshelf of our photo history; the story of our lives in books that should  live on until I arrive to that jumping place at the end.  
 
Please note: after I get to that jumping place, the story should pass to the next jumper that will follow...digital or otherwise. 

Required: Uniformity. This is my personal goal. Aesthetics is a consideration, naturally. 

Situation: Due to my most southern-like ailment of creating all things to perfection such as mixing a lusty Friday night refreshing mint julep...something drastic had to be done. I must  properly house our lives of Kodak moments.

Final Destination: Twenty some archival albums - our lives in soup to nuts.  Either a really great concept or a conceptually depressing one.
What say you?


Good luck with that, Ana! Buen Camino, Baby !

0 comments:

Post a Comment