Thursday, May 8, 2014

Career day at Immaculate Conception School - Hialeah


My appointment with insanity started the day before the long awaited for Immaculate Conception Catholic School Career Day.

I left the office Tuesday afternoon in a flurry to a Doctor's appointment; a special appointment, at that, since I was going to my first meet and greet with our new addition to the family.

Side bar: How fabulous to add another wonderful 'aha' moment to the blessing pot.

The appointment went better than expected as I went home with  my very own snap shot of baby boo seen below.

This should read: My First Portrait!
 
Nana Ana's heart is melting! Too Exciting!

Back to the drama: as I parked my car at the Dr. destination, I realized I had left my handbag somewhere. This has never happend to me before--ever.  Instant panic set in and I attempted to exit the car and make a frantic purse related phone call.  As a result, I   almost tripped over an aggressive speed bump and ate concrete. Yikes, what a hot mess.

Once in the OB Gyn's office, I figured out that my purse was still in my drawer at the office.  I was as relieved as I was distressed.  The plan was to go to the studio following the appointment and pick up my props for career day. 

Needless to say, there are sacred objects in this purse of mine, keys, money, coupons and a chunk of things I need in order to live.  The idea of resolving issues was a total wash. Heavy sigh, the evening was supposed to be 'sans' anxiety, but plans do change. At this point, I had to regroup because of every fault of my own.

As good luck would have it, one of my colleagues was kind enough to bring me my bag that evening. Super grateful to Beverly for the hook up.  The new rubric included waking up at 6 a.m. in order go North to pick up the art and travel south to the Career event.

I arrived neurotically early and soon found myself with other career day presenters revving their show and tell engines.  We were kindly welcomed and accommodated and sent off into the ICCS compound.

Today as I sip my coffee and think about the crazy hours before the happening, I submit it is all good.  I can't think of a better way to have started a new day and crown the week in the company of soulful children, animated hearts and creative minds. A fabulous morning was had by mostly me in the company of Mrs. Tania Busto and six classes of children ranging from kindergarten to sixth grade.

Although this is old news for me, I continue to sing praises to educators in general, those personally known to me and those at Immaculate; theirs' is not a job--theirs' is a singular lot that changes and elevates lives . I count my blessings daily knowing fully well I was finely favored when I fell into the Immaculate family years ago.
 
Kudos and happy Educators Week!




0 comments:

Post a Comment