Wednesday, June 5, 2013

In His Shoes - 2013


In his shoes...
May arrived with a Hialeah-an form of pomp and circumstance...Announcing, Thee Immaculate Conception Catholic School Eighth Grade Graduation Tradition!  

This morphed celebration arrived with resounding cheers to the collective achievements of the Class of 2013.

And, just as May drove in on a chariot of fire, my senior memory traveled out.  I will recover these riveting series of events in reverse.

The Graduation Dinner:






Once upon a time, 'Lisboa - Habana' was 'Las Culebrinas' and, to date,  have been the arena for both my son and daughter's I.C graduation hoorah! While the rest of the Class of 2013 were getting ready to head out to Universal Studios in Orlando for the weekend, we  stayed behind and had a universally familial evening at 33012.


Throw back to my daughters 8th grade Graduation dinner at:
 'Las Culebrinas'


Graduation: Mass and 'Festa'



The images can speak for themselves...love these guys!



Deacon Louis
There was a dinner dance following the Graduation Mass at Celebration Banquet Hall, but I failed to capture the images.  Me bad! Je suis desolee! We had the best time and my feet still throb a bit just thinking back.


The Countdown:

The Uber-Immaculate tradition: 
-Dramatic music:



Just as the noon sun descends over the steeple at I.C. on the last day of school for the 8th grade class, the soon to be alums countdown to their last minute of their Immaculate School life.


On one side of the perimeter fence await a swarm of parents, balloons in hand, and tear filled expressions. Nervous, intermittent laughter is heard as vinyl balloons start popping courtesy of the smiling Floridian sun.  To the left of the grounds are the first graders standing on the sidelines with signs and good wishes to the outgoing class.

As the noon bell roars, the gates open and parents roll through to hug their kids, other children - not their own, teachers, administrators et. al.  The courtyard at I.C. is again the host to a port hole to new beginnings...






My boy and My girl!
 
Mrs. Subervi -the best!

The 8th Grade Social:

And yet another custom that merits a vigorous round of applause simply because there is opportunity for ample student, parent and teacher participation is the 8th grade Social. The parents and grads suit up to attend a V.I.P.  dinner that is all about elevating family values, sharing in success and great expectations...and dancing, of course.


Waiting for the party to start...


Throw back ...







Singing  'My Mom' to the tune of 'My girl'




Oops..slipped this in just because...

The Awards:
This event was 'thee' catalyst to the barrage of parties that sealed May with a kiss. Armando was voted Most Spiritual (superlatives).







Buen Camino, Graduates...
Thank you  I.C.
Friends Forever!


God centered realtionships last!

0 comments:

Post a Comment